Minutes from the December 30, 2014 regular board meeting
HOLLIS TOWNSHIP / PEORIA COUNTY / ILLINOIS
MINUTES REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD MEETING
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2014
After the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, the Supervisor called the meeting to order at the Hollis Town Hall, 6430 West Wheeler Road, Mapleton, Illinois 61547-9615.
Board Members Present for Roll Call:
Supervisor Gary W. Thomas; Clerk Kelsey A. Archer and Trustees: William J. Gerdes, Tal B. Beckman, James E. Bailey and Brian B. Fengel.
The Supervisor announced a quorum was present.
The Road Commissioner Dennis R. Beckman and the Tax Assessor Alice B. Dailey attended this meeting.
Visitor: Mr. Roger A. Larson, Assistant to the Supervisor of Richwoods Township in Peoria County.
APPROVE MINUTES of Previous Meetings:
Prior to tonight’s meeting, copies of Minutes from the Regular Monthly Meeting held on Thursday, November 25, 2014 were distributed to Board Members for their review.
MOTION to accept the Minutes as presented made by Bill Gerdes; second Brian Fengel. The
motion passed unanimously with all ayes.
AUDIT CURRENT EXPENDITURES, Investments, Transfer of Funds, Budget Line Item Transfers:
1. MOTION to accept for payment all Town Fund Invoices as presented to the Board on the Disbursement Summary dated December 30, 2014
Motion Tal Beckman; second Jim Bailey. The motion passed with all ayes on a roll call vote.
2. MOTION to accept for payment all Road & Bridge Fund Invoices as presented to the Board on the Disbursement Summary dated December 30, 2014.
Motion Tal Beckman; second Bill Gerdes. The motion passed with all ayes on a roll call vote.
3. MOTION to accept for payment the Equipment & Building Fund Invoice as presented to the Board on the Disbursement Summary dated December 30, 2014. [$79,066.90 ~ purchase 2015 Ford F550 Super]
Motion Jim Bailey; second Brian Fengel. The motion passed with all ayes on a roll call vote.
4. Correction to the Joint Bridge Fund Board Audit Report originally submitted November 25, 2014 as stated here:
The 2 page Invoice submitted by FCI Excavating, Inc. was misinterpreted resulting in Check Number 11909 ~ issued in error for $926.52; therefore, Check no. 11909 has been voided.
FCI Excavating, Inc. new check issued ~ No. 11936 ~ for $ 278.00.
Please sign the corrected Board Audit Report dated NOVEMBER 25, 2014 for proper documentation.
VISITORS ADDRESSING THE BOARD:
Roger Larson spoke to the Board regarding the RURAL LISC / Local Initiative Support Corporation.
THE IDEA: Through Collaboration, the rural communities of Peoria County can pool resources, share ideas and be more competitive in seeking community and economic development opportunities.
THE MISSION: To improve the rural areas of Peoria County through the implementation of community and economic development projects or programs via professional staffing and a rural governing board. This group will be notified of needs and help write grants.
Please see further information on the attached sheet entitled: RURAL COLLABORATION CONCEPT. [Attachment #1.]
TOWN BUSINESS ~ Supervisor:
1. Letter received from Mayor Jim Ardis regarding the Enterprise Zone Act and notifying Hollis Township that we may be within the boundaries of one of the jurisdictions reapplying for an Enterprise Zone. The local Jurisdictions partnering on an Enterprise Zone applications are: the County of Peoria, City of Peoria, Peoria Heights and West Peoria. [more information may be offered at this meeting]
This letter was for our information only. No action required by the Hollis Township Board.
2. Update: The yard surrounding the house next to the Tuscarora Fire Department has been cleared of the tall grass and weeds; however, there is still a hearing needed to address this property.
3. Trustee Brian B. Fengel has been appointed to serve a 4 year term on the National Committee to help select Police Officers, Fire Fighters, Corrections Officers and Deputy Sheriffs who will be considered to receive the MEDAL OF VALOR AWARD which is presented by the President of the United States.
CLERK BUSINESS / Business & Comments:
The 2014 Tax Levy Ordinances for the Town and Road District [payable in 2015] were filed and date stamped in the office of the Peoria County Clerk on December 2, 2014. One copy is retained by the Peoria County Clerk; one copy is retained in the permanent record files of the Hollis Township Clerk.
ROAD BUSINESS ~ Highway Commissioner:
1. November 26, 2014 ~ Road District purchased a 2015 Ford – F550 Super D8 one ton truck through State pricing. Original value before discounts $89,146.90. / deduct $10,485.00. discount /
add delivery charge $300.00 and license & title fees $105.00. Our total payment due $79,066.90 from Equipment and Building Fund which is shown with this month’s Board Audit Report.
Some budget line item transfers will be necessary to increase Line Item #40562 for this appropriation of funds.
The new truck has not been driven; we are waiting to get the undercoating applied.
2. The 2000 Chevy one-ton truck will be sold at a convenient time in the future.
3. Denny and J.R. have been picking up trash from roadsides which is a never ending job.
4. The Road crew is starting to cut dead trees along the roadways which may cause problems in the future especially with any wind storms and/or snowfall.
5. Peoria County Highway Department Motor Fuel Tax Report: UPDATE:
October 1, 2014 – Allotment received for September: $2,786.44 and added $.64 interest on October 30, 2014 left a balance of $60,595.07.
November 5, 2014 – Allotment received for October: $2,999.84 - left a balance of $63,594.91.
On November 26, 2014 – The Maintenance Authorization Fee for seal coating Hollis Township Roads was deducted - $66,152.36 leaving us with a negative balance of ( $2,557.45 ).
December 2, 2014 – Allotment received for November: $3,040.70 – left us with a current balance of $483.25 as of December 2, 2014.
TAX ASSESSOR’S OFFICE / Information / Business: .
Alice reported the tax assessing has been completed for the year 2014.
OLD UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
PCTOA Dinner, December 7, 2014. [update regarding reservations made prior to this dinner]
The 2 dinner reservations made by Alice Dailey were cancelled early enough for the Township to receive a full refund for the dinners; refund check has been deposited into the Town Fund Checking.
Therefore, no reimbursement was required from Alice.
MOTION to adjourn made by Jim Bailey; second Brian Fengel. The motion passed
unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 8:10 P.M.
Kelsey A. Archer, Town Clerk