Minutes from the January 29, 2015 regular board meeting
TOWNSHIP OF HOLLIS / COUNTY OF PEORIA / ILLINOIS
MINUTES REGULAR MONTHLY BOARD AUDIT MEETING
THURSDAY, JANUARY 29, 2015
After the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, the Supervisor called the meeting to order @ 7:00 P.M. at the Hollis Town Hall, 6430 West Wheeler Road, Mapleton, Illinois 61547-9615.
Board Members Present for roll call:
Supervisor Gary W. Thomas; Clerk Kelsey A. Archer; Trustees: William J. Gerdes,
James E. Bailey and Brian B. Fengel. Trustee, Tal B. Beckman was excused.
The Supervisor announced a quorum was present.
The Road Commissioner Dennis R. Beckman was not available for this meeting. The Tax Assessor Alice B. Dailey attended this meeting.
Visitors: Patricia Scott ~ resident of Hollis Township
There were no corrections or additions to the Agenda.
APPROVE MINUTES of Previous Meetings:
Prior to tonight’s meeting, copies of Minutes from the Regular Monthly Meeting held on Tuesday, December 30, 2014 were distributed to Board Members for their review.
MOTION to accept the Minutes as presented made by Brian Fengel; second Bill Gerdes. The
Motion passed unanimously with all ayes.
AUDIT CURRENT EXPENDITURES, Investments, Transfer of Funds, Budget Line Item Transfers:
1. MOTION to accept for payment all Town Fund Invoices as presented to the Board on the Disbursement Summary dated January 29, 2015.
Motion Jim Bailey; second Brian Fengel. The motion passed with all ayes on a roll call vote.
2. MOTION to accept for payment all Road & Bridge Fund Invoices as presented to the Board on the Disbursement Summary dated January 29, 2015.
Motion Jim Bailey; second Bill Gerdes. The motion passed with all ayes on a roll call vote.
3. MOTION to approve reinvesting with Better Banks in Bartonville ~~~~ [roll over]
$ 31,128.58 ~ which is the value of the Road and Bridge Fund Certificate of Deposit # 25869.
Note: The original C.D. investment was $ 30,696.57 beginning on January 28, 2013 at a rate of .70% for a term of 24 months which matured on January 28, 2015. Total interest applied was $ 432.01.
Effective January 28, 2015, the new Certificate of Deposit for the Road & Bridge Fund valued at $31,128.58 shall be reinvested for a term of 24 months @ .27% interest and shall be compounded to the face value semi-annually at 6 months intervals with a new maturity date of January 28, 2017. [We must call the bank to obtain the interest applied every 6 months]
Motion Bill Gerdes; second Jim Bailey. The motion passed with all ayes on a roll call vote.
4. MOTION to approve the following Line Item transfers in the HOLLIS TOWNSHIP -
ROAD DISTRICT BUDGET & APPROPRIATION ORDINANCE NO. 2014 - 07:
EQUIPMENT & BUILDING FUND which was adopted May 29, 2014:
$1,500. from the unexpended balance on Line Item No. 40539 Rent & Lease Equipment
$1,000. from the unexpended balance on Line Item No. 40599 Contingencies
$4,000. from the unexpended balance on Line Item No. 40560 Capital Outlay, Building
The TOTAL TRANSFERRED AMOUNT $6,500. shall be APPLIED to the following:
LINE ITEM NO. 40562 CAPITAL OUTLAY, EQUIPMENT PURCHASES.
Therefore, making the adjusted Budget Appropriations as stated herein below:
Line Item No. 40539 Adjusted Balance from $10,000. to $8,500.
Line Item No. 40599 Adjusted Balance from $ 1,000. to $ zero
Line Item No. 40560 Adjusted Balance from $ 4,000. to $ zero
Line Item No. 40562 Adjusted Balance from $73,000. to $79,500.
These transfers were necessary to accommodate the purchase of the 2015 Ford F550 one ton truck.
Motion by Jim Bailey; second Brian Fengel. The motion passed with all ayes on a roll call vote.
VISITORS ADDRESSING THE BOARD:
Mrs. Patricia Scott presented an invoice from Laser Electric for $2,461.71 which was the cost to replace 2 downed electric poles and electric service on January 6, 2015 at 8801 W. Monks Lane, Mapleton, Illinois where her father William Pulliam has a garage; there is no house at this location.
Mrs. Scott thought one of our Hollis Township trucks was responsible for this damage while plowing snow on that evening; however, there was no witness to this incident.
No police report was filed regarding this accident. Hollis Township’s driver denies hitting anything and our truck shows no signs of contact.
The matter will be turned over to our insurance company for investigation.
TOWN BUILDING, GROUNDS & EQUIPMENT:
COMMUNICATIONS & Correspondence:
1. All Hollis Township Officials and employees should have received their W-2’s for 2014. The 1099’s have also been sent out prior to the due date Monday, February 2, 2015.
2. Notice received from the Peoria County Township Officials Association announcing their next meeting on Wednesday, February 4th at 7:00 P.M. at the Limestone Township Hall in Bartonville. The guest speaker will be Brianna Lauer from the Veterans Assistance Commission.
3. Township Officials of Illinois announcing a training session in our area Thursday, May 21, 2015 @ the DoubleTree in Bloomington. Guest speaker will be former Governor Jim Edgar. The cost is $ 50. per person.
A motion will be made at our March meeting to approve the expense; reservations will be taken at that time.
TOWN BUSINESS ~ Supervisor:
An update regarding the house and surrounding grounds next to the Tuscarora Fire Department: Peoria County is involved in trying to get all the shingles and other debris removed from this property. They will notify us when some progress has occurred to rectify this situation.
ROAD BUSINESS ~ Highway Commissioner:
1. A bid opening was held at the Hollis Town Hall on Monday, January 26, 2015 @ 6:00 P.M.; accepting bids to sell the 2000 Chevy one ton truck. In the absence of the Road Commissioner, the Supervisor attended this bid opening along with our Clerk, Kelsey Archer who is authorized to open bids.
Other individuals attending were Hollis Township Trustee, Jim Bailey and a representative of FCI Construction, Terry Beckman.
Kelsey Archer opened the only bid which was submitted by FCI Construction for an offer of $7000. The Road Commissioner will make a final determination and announce his decision in the near future.
The meeting adjourned at 6:06 P.M.
2. The new 2015 Ford F550 one ton truck has now been undercoated by Z Tech in Peoria at a cost of $459.00. The expense was paid out-of-pocket by the Road Commissioner Dennis R. Beckman. The reimbursement to him may be found in this month’s Road & Bridge Board Audit Report.
Although, the purchase of the 2015 Ford truck was expended from the Equipment & Building Fund on December 30, 2014, it was necessary to expend the cost of the undercoating from the Road and Bridge Fund due to budget & monetary restraints in the Equipment and Building Fund at this time.
3. Peoria County Highway Department Motor Fuel Tax: no information received in January.
TRUSTEES/ Information / Business:
Trustee Gerdes reported that a citizen has requested having the center lines re-striped on South LaFayette Avenue after recent seal coating was completed.
TAX ASSESSOR’S OFFICE / Information / Business: .
The Tax Assessor has submitted her Budget Request for 2015-2016 which is unchanged from the 2014-2015 Budget.
Alice Dailey expressed an interest in being a candidate for office in the Village of Mapleton while also serving as Hollis Township’s Tax Assessor. She asked if anyone knew the law regarding this situation. No one had a definite response; however, there was suggested that she contact the home office of the Township Officials of Illinois to get some guidance.
OLD UNFINISHED BUSINESS: none.
MOTION to adjourn made by Brian Fengel; second Jim Bailey. The motion passed
unanimously. Meeting adjourned at 7:41 P.M.
Kelsey A. Archer, Town Clerk